When buying an RC Car, the most important choices to make are :
- On-road or Off-Road
- Electric or Nitro/Gas
On-road cars go FASTER, Off-road cars can go ANYWHERE
You need a long, really smooth surface for on-road models
Tar will play havoc on your off-road tires.
Power systems each have their particular set of advantages and disadvantages too:
- Pro: Quiet, you can run them in your area without irritating the neighbors.
- Pro : Clean, no oily mess, smoke etc.
- Pro : Simple, just charge, plug in and Go!
- Con : Around 5-10 minutes play for every 2-3 hours of charging (Unless you have a decent charger, in which case charging time drops to 1 Hour).
- Con : Buying more batteries (you will want around 4-5 packs) can be a costly exercise.
- Pro : The noise and power you get from a nitro engine.
- Pro : Quick to refuel, as long as you have fuel, you keep playing.
- Con : Messier, more post-run maintenance is needed.
- Con : A knowledge (easy!) of tuning engines is required.
The main RC Car Disciplines are
- Off-road Buggies/Truggies
- Off-road Stadium trucks
- On-Road Racing
- 1/10 Drifting
- Rock Crawling
- RC Trucks and Trailors
At Clowns Hobbies we have carefully selected the following brands and choose to stock them because of Price, Quality, Support and Parts Availability. These brands have a long history of producing quality products with good support. Click on the relevant Logo to see the full lineup of cars per individual Brand. Once you have found just the right car for your individual needs, please give us a call for the latest pricing and availability. Click on the Logos below to see the models available in each brand.
For someone who wants to start in the RC car hobby, we strongly recommend the VRX Racing (River Hobby) range of cars. These cars offer the following great benefits to the 1st time RC Car Buyer :
- Great price
- Local Agents (Cape Town based)
- Ease of use
- VERY affordable parts availability
- Excellent performance
- Come see these, and other models in out new store today!
- Wide range of models and spares in-store.